Pinterest’s Buyable Pins announcement has bigger implications for ecommerce than just more sales from one particular social network. Pinterest is paving the way for many more off-site selling opportunities that, rather than merely redirect visitors to your e-store, actually facilitate a seamless shopping experience natively within 3rd party applications.
To prepare your business to keep pace with the evolution of shopping, commerce platforms need to be equipped to extend beyond the dot-com site and support the blurring of “channels” – digital and physical.
Keeping with the theme this week, today’s Infographic Friday covers a few current stats on Pinterest’s users and behavior, via Branding and Buzzing.
Click to enlarge infographic
- 80% of Pinterest users are female, 50% are moms Tweet this
- 35% of Pinterest users visit the site exclusively through mobile devices Tweet this
- Over 80% of Pinterest pins are repins Tweet this
- The average Pinterest users spends 98min per month Tweet this
- Each Pinterest pin generates 6 website visits on average Tweet this